- Course Specials
- Accredited Courses
- Essentials Courses
- Other Courses
- Course Calendar
- Contact Us
Calling All PRINCE2® Practitioners!
Upgrade your accreditation and include programme management
After training PRINCE2® for eight years, I discovered a similar yet vastly enhanced framework to managing change. I have just presented my second Praxis™ course and believe me, PRINCE2® practitioners will benefit enormously by investing in a three-day Praxis™ Bridging course.
Here are some of the enhancements in Praxis that amazed me:
- Praxis™ includes programme and portfolio content in the accreditation. Project and programme management are merged together in a wonderful way of using a common set of terminologies.
- Benefits management and the role of BCM’s (Business Change managers) is raised to a new level of participation – even at the start of a project, through programmes into the portfolios.
- Requirements management is dealt with during (what PRINCE2® names) Starting Up a Project process (high level), during Initiation (detail level) and is constantly addressed during delivery and at Stage boundaries, in a friendly sensible way.
- The seven interpersonal skills that every person working in the P3 environment should have, which are essential to achieving more and succeeding in relating to others – they will enhance your level of professionalism.
- By attending the course, your span of insight into the context of your project will be widened – this will make you a more valued and understanding member of your P3 environment.
- Gaining an insight into portfolio management removes the “mystery” that many delegates have and enables you to understand portfolio role players and their responsibilities with greater insight.
- The seven themes in PRINCE2® are expanded and taken to new levels in Praxis™. You will receive new levels of understanding (for example) in: resource management, investment appraisal, budget and cost control, procurement and contract management, change management, solutions management, resource scheduling, mobilisation, and others. These additional “themes” require constant attention during project delivery.
- Stakeholder management is brought to life – engaging with stakeholders (bi-directional communication) is essential in the P3 team and outside to other stakeholders.
Visit the official web site ( https://www.praxisframework.org/ ) to gain access to all Praxis documentation, including templates, case studies and a Capability Maturity self-assessment
In summary, I remain a PRINCE2® fan for basic project management skills – although “Praxis ™ foundation” is an alternative. But for practicing PRINCE2® practitioners who want to advance their careers and contribute more effectively to their organisation, the Praxis™ Bridging course offers great value. A word of caution, this is a tough three days so get ready for pre-course preparation and a few nights of homework.
There are just too many fundamental omissions from the scope in the PRINCE2® methodology to satisfy the needs of the practicing P3 professional. You probably need an upgrade.
Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 08:00