Course details / objectives
With PeopleCert Scrum Master I, you will learn about:
- The mastery of the Scrum framework centered around the integration of roles, events, and Scrum philosophy, including and supporting the product backlog and sprint backlog
- The many soft skills necessary for the Scrum Master, such as servant leadership, facilitation, coaching and mentoring, problem solving, and removing impediments
- The key skills related to visual management for increasing transparency, inspection, and adaptation for success with your projects
- The importance of self-organizing, team building, team dynamics and virtual teams
- The most important skills for successful Scrum Masters that are applied through different Scrum events from initial planning to the final retrospective
- The crucial strategies for scaling Scrum projects with multiple teams and complex products
Who should attend?
This certification is the second level of the PeopleCert Scrum Master qualification scheme provided and is aimed at anyone who wishes to become an efficient leading member in a work environment where Scrum framework is applied. With this certification professionals can demonstrate a solid knowledge and understanding of Scrum terms, principles, tools and practices as well as their ability to use tools efficiently and effectively.
The standard package inclusions
Delegates will receive a pre-course guide and a courseware package that includes vouchers for an eBook, exams and online proctoring. Optionally printed copies of the material can be ordered at an additional cost.
The costs for the course include the two examinations.
For classroom-based courses refreshments and a light luncheon are included. Virtual courses can be attended from the comfort of delegates’ homes of offices.
Duration and Delivery
The duration of the course will be confirmed early in 2022, but the expectation is that it will be 2 days.
The methodology will be covered during the first two days. The second part of the week will be used to work with sample project scenarios and preparing for the level II examination.
Evening work and exam preparation
Delegates should plan to spend time reviewing the day’s work and preparing for exams, during the evenings of the course.
Delegates registered for the course will receive pre-course reading material. Further information will become available early in 2022.
Participants must pass the Scrum Master I exam in order to participate in the Scrum Master II exam.
As from 1 February 2022, all Peoplecert accredited courses will be delivered via online proctoring. Course delegates will be provided with an exam voucher that will allow them up to six months (after the course) to schedule and sit the exam. We recommend that it be taken once the course is complete or within a week of the end of the course.
Details of the exam will become available early in 2022.