- Course Specials
- Accredited Courses
- Essentials Courses
- Other Courses
- Course Calendar
- Contact Us
What is PRINCE2 Agile®?
PRINCE2Agile® is the world’s most complete agile project management solution, combining the flexibility and responsiveness of agile with the governance of PRINCE2®.
Developed in response to demand from user communities, PRINCE2Agile provides structure, governance and controls when working with agile concepts, methods and techniques. Designed to help professionals tailor management controls when working in an agile environment, PRINCE2Agile will help practitioners understand PRINCE2 governance requirements clearly and comprehensively as well as the interface between PRINCE2 and agile ways of working.
PRINCE2Agile is supported by an exam and formal certification and delivered by accredited training providers. As with PRINCE2, PRINCE2Agile can be applied to any type of project within any industry sector.
Find a PRINCE2 Agile training provider using a training provider search in Google.
- Allows you to focus on both management and delivery
- Works with any established agile approach
- Be on time and hit deadlines more consistently
- A collaboratively-built project that is corporate-friendly
- Lets you scale to your precise requirements and pragmatism
- Increase stakeholder confidence
- Additional tools are made available to manage and react to changing requirements.
Who is it for?
- PRINCE2 Agile Foundation is designed for individuals who are new to PRINCE2 and are working in or around an agile project environment
- The course covers an overview of PRINCE2, an introduction to agile and how to apply the two together
- There are no course prerequisites.
- PRINCE2Agile Practitioner is designed for those who are already certified in either PRINCE2 or PRINCE2Agile Foundation accredited
- The PRINCE2Agile Practitioner course explores practical application of the PRINCE2Agile method with real-world scenarios
- Candidates can sit PRINCE2Agile Practitioner if they hold any of the following project management certifications: PRINCE2 Foundation, PRINCE2Agile Foundation, Project Management Professional (PMP)*, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)* or IMPA Levels A, B, C and D (Certified Project Director).
*'PMP' and 'CAPM' are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc. (PMI). PMI is not affiliated with AXELOS. PMI does not endorse any AXELOS Qualifications.
Background of students attending
The knowledge, accreditation and experience of each person attending the course will be different, but can be broadly grouped into the following:
- Delegates with strong PRINCE2 skills
- Delegates with strong Agile skills
- Delegates with other project management skills
- Delegates with no formally acquired project management skills
Most successful delegates attending the Prince2Agile course will start the course with accreditation and / or experience in either Prince2 or an agile variant.
Further information on Prince2Agile
PRINCE2 is the most commonly used project management approach in the world, and is increasingly being used in conjunction with agile. The strength of PRINCE2 lies in the areas of project direction and project management.
Conversely, agile has a very strong focus on project delivery but relatively little on project direction and project management. The term “agile” can very broadly be viewed as a set of well-known frameworks referred to as “agile methods” and there are also well-known behaviours, concepts and techniques that are recognised as characterising the agile way of working. This course has identified a family of frameworks ( also referred to as methods or approaches) that are generally recognised as being agile, which have been incorporated in PRINCE2Agile.
PRINCE2Agile describes how to configure and adapt PRINCE2 so that PRINCE2 can be used in the most effective way when combining it with agile behaviours, concepts, frameworks and techniques.
This one-day course provides a high-level introduction and can be tailored for specific requirements.