All businesses are influenced by emerging, sustaining and disruptive technologies. They can pose a risk or an opportunity. In some situations they can ruin successful organisations. In other situations they can present rewarding opportunities. Suffice it to say: they need to be managed. Both the organisation and the customers of the organisation rely on suppliers to be able to talk with authority on technologies relevant to their industries.
The objective of this course is to formulate the framework within which technology management can be set up, maintained and function effectively.
- You will understand the importance for an organisation to have a technology methodology for both sustaining and disruptive technologies
- You will be able to recognise the various Technology Forecasting methodologies and how they are used
- You will be able to recognise the attributes of a well-designed system for forecasting disruptive technologies
- You will become aware of steps required to be taken to build a persistent forecasting system and discuss the technologies effecting specific businesses
- You will understand how to use the various Technology Roadmapping formats for best graphical presentation
- The four workshops recommended to fast start Technology Roadmapping will be understood
- The five steps towards successful technical writing will be discussed and applied
- Dozens of writing principles and guidelines will be discussed to ensure that technically written documents result in satisfying experiences for readers
Who should attend?
All role players participating in the preparation of strategic planning for their own organisation or those of their customers
Consultants, senior sales executives or people providing business advice to others
The standard package inclusions
Delegates will receive the three reference books on which this course is based, a course workbook (with copies of all slides used and notes for the essential topics to be discussed), various articles, the PSP Authority syllabus, sample exams and the examination rationale (explanation of answers to questions). The cost for the examination is included. Refreshments and a light luncheon are also included.
Duration and Delivery
The course takes place over two weeks using one day a week in which the group get together. The 40 minute exam takes place on the morning after the second group meeting.
Evening work and exam preparation
Delegates should plan to spend time during each week (between group sessions) reading and highlighting the reference books – to gain the most from the course.
Your greatest value that you will receive, will be determined by your willingness to implant new habits into your working and private lives and persevere with them for the rest of your life.
Where possible you will receive one reference book and a questionnaire before the course starts. You will be asked to fill in the questionnaire and bring it with you on the first day of the course. You will also be asked to read the first few chapters of the reference book.
Some basic understanding of business principles
PSP Authority Foundation is a forty minute examination performed after the fourth group meeting. It is made up of 50 multiple choice questions. The exam is closed book. The pass mark is 50%.
Renowned reference books used