The PSP Executive module strives to make you as at home in the boardroom, as you would be in the server room, thanks to providing you with the fundamental skills of finance, marketing and business management.
The key to building strong foundations in these areas is the development of an in depth Industry Sector knowledge. To gain customers’ credibility you should understand what issues are driving the thinking in that Industry.
Understanding the basics of financial management, how to read a financial report and financial statements, and being able to analyse the general health of a business, are essential to establish rapport with your customer.
The Executive module also considers what marketing is, what the key elements of marketing are and how these influence the key fundamentals to any business strategy.
- You will have an understanding of the structure, purpose and limitations of a Cash Flow Statement, an Income Statement and a Balance Sheet
- You will have an understanding of the four levels of profit; current and fixed assets; methods of depreciation and some accounting conventions, concepts, principles and procedures
- You will be exposed to sources of financial information; four criteria for a satisfactory return on investment; ratios used in market tests and ratios to test profitability, liquidity, solvency and growth
- You will have analysed the advantages and disadvantages of Outsourcing
- You will have looked at all aspects of Kotler’s 4P’s of marketing – product, price, place and promotion
- You will have an understanding of the identification of consumer’s needs based on Maslow’s hierarchy, as well as buyer’s needs
- You will have discussed the importance of market share; the purpose of market segmentation and perceptual mapping
- You will have an understanding of the concept of the elasticity of demand and have considered the product/quality/price proposition and several questions that underpin all advertising and promotion
Who should attend?
All role players providing some form of service to customers and who wish to play this role, really well Consultants, senior sales executives or people providing business advice to others
The standard package inclusions
Delegates will receive the three reference books on which this course is based, a course workbook (with copies of all slides used and notes for the essential topics to be discussed), the PSP Executive syllabus, sample exams and the examination rationale (explanation of answers to questions). The cost for the examination is included. Refreshments and a light luncheon are also included.
Duration and Delivery
The course takes place over three weeks using one day a week in which the group get together. The 40 minute exam takes place on the morning after the third group meeting.
Evening work and exam preparation
Delegates should plan to spend time during each week (between group sessions) reading and highlighting the reference books – to gain the most from the course.
Your greatest value that you will receive, will be determined by your willingness to implant new habits into your working and private lives and persevere with them for the rest of your life.
Where possible you will receive one reference book and a questionnaire before the course starts. You will be asked to fill in the questionnaire and bring it with you on the first day of the course. You will also be asked to read the first few chapters of the reference book.
Some basic understanding of business principles
PSP Executive Foundation is a forty minute examination performed after the third group meeting. It is made up of 50 multiple choice questions. The exam is closed book. The pass mark is 50%.
Renowned reference books used