A Rainmaker ‘creates rain’ i.e. they bring in the sales. So to be a good Rainmaker, you need to be good in front of the customer and accurately translate what it is that they want, and not what you have to offer them.
The objective of the course is to enable you to connect with and collaborate with clients and understand their challenges. It reveals a deep commercial awareness and sales orientation and enables you to accurately assess the customers’ needs and align them with current and future business offerings.
An important objective is to prepare delegates to create professionally prepared proposals after capturing client information with the help of a proposal team using proposal build processes and review role players.
- You will be able to connect the customer needs with the company’s products and services, better, focussing on the former.
- You will able to convince buyers that they can achieve maximum return with acceptable risk through your proposal
- You will be able to collaborate with your customer to achieve a mutual goal derived from joint efforts
- Buyers buy from people they TRUST – you will be able to use Competence, Integrity and Intimacy to improve your chances of success.
- Awareness of the profile of Insight Sellers will give you understanding of the qualities of successful Rainmakers
- With “Information Capture” you progress from an initial unknown position to a favoured position as viewed by the customer
- Equipped with the “ingredients” of a professionally prepared proposal, your chances of success increase resulting in improved revenue
Who should attend?
All role players participating in the preparation of tender bids and / or role players who have contact with customers e.g. Key account managers, technical role players designing solutions, etc
Proposal managers, Project managers, consultants and support staff needing a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of customer engagement
The standard package inclusions
Delegates will receive the three reference books on which this course is based, a course workbook (with copies of all slides used and notes for the essential topics to be discussed), the PSP Rainmaker syllabus, sample exams and the examination rationale (explanation of answers to questions). The cost for the examination is included. Refreshments and a light luncheon are also included.
Duration and Delivery
The course takes place over four weeks using one day a week in which the group get together. The 60 minute exam takes place on the morning after the fourth group meeting.
Evening work and exam preparation
Delegates should plan to spend time during each week (between group sessions) reading and highlighting the reference books – to gain the most from the course.
Your greatest value that you will receive, will be determined by your willingness to implant new habits into your working and private lives and persevere with them for the rest of your life.
Where possible you will receive one reference book and a questionnaire before the course starts. You will be asked to fill in the questionnaire and bring it with you on the first day of the course. You will also be asked to read the first few chapters of the reference book.
Some basic understanding of business principles
PSP Rainmaker Foundation is a sixty minute examination performed after the fourth group meeting. It is made up of 75 multiple choice questions. The exam is closed book. The pass mark is 50%.
Renowned reference books used