- Accredited Courses
- Essentials Courses
- Project Management Software
- Course Calendar
- Contact Us
- Implementing PRINCE2 ® requires a team approach, preferably top down with all levels of management committed to making it work.
- To obtain all management buy-in, we suggest a series of workshops during which they are given the opportunity to shape a vision of how change in their organisation should operate and confirm their commitment to implementing it over a number of years. An interim goal could be set that a level 3 maturity model should be achieved within approximately eighteen months.
- The organisation’s leadership should agree to pursue best practice disciplines and globally accepted standards that have been tailored for their organisation.
- The organisation’s leadership should understand that change structures strive towards achieving corporate objectives and that they are the delivery agent of benefits for the organisation.
- PRINCE2 ® is the primary course for developing project managers but that every PM should be placed on a development plan comprising training courses, experiential learning, access to tools and a mentoring system for guided growth (see article on experiential learning elsewhere on this site)
- Implementation should be managed as a project using the PRINCE2 ® methodology – provision should be made for planning a transition period to move from an “as is” status to the “to be” vision status
The relationship between projects, programmes and portfolios is indicated in the following diagram:
To assist with leadership participation and expectations we recommend that brief workshops for the following topics:
- Project Management essentials
- PRINCE2 ® Essentials
- APMP for PRINCE2 ® practitioners
- Programme management Essentials
- Managing Benefits Essentials
- Agile project management essentials
- P3O ® Essentials