- Course Specials
- Accredited Courses
- Essentials Courses
- Other Courses
- Course Calendar
- Contact Us
What does PRINCE2® training consist of?
Element 1: Process
Element 2: Principles
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Define roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailored to suit the project environment
Element 3: Themes
- Desirable viable, achievable
- Business justification
- Roles and responsibilities
- Stakeholder representation
- What’s required, where and how
- When and by whom
- Identification, assessment and control of uncertainty
- Establish common understanding of scope and quality criteria
- Ensure products meet business expectations
- Enable benefits to be achieved
- Identify, assess and control any potential and approved changes
- Monitor progress
- Control and report
- Take action
Element 4: Tailoring
What is tailoring?
- Adapting the methodology to the project scale, complexity, geography, culture, whether it is part of a programme or a stand-alone project.
- Appropriate use of PRINCE2® in any given project
- The adoption of PRINCE2® across a company is embedding not tailoring.
- Tailoring does not omit elements because PRINCE2® is a web of elements
- It’s more about the adaptation of the method to external and project factors, so you don’t overburden the project but still provide the right level of control.
- It’s about applying the method with grace and ease